We’re not sure about you, but when it comes to Mother’s Day, we tend to get stumped. We can’t figure out something special enough to do or to get them. Success Resources wants to help you out so here’s some great ideas you can use to honour one of the most important women in our lives.
1. Take your mom for dinner (make sure you make reservations as Mother’s Day is the busiest day of the year for restaurants).
2. Give your mom flowers – it doesn’t have to be anything fancy and you can send them from anywhere. I personally like potted flowers as they last much longer.
3. Make a photo book with your best photos.
4. Make your mom breakfast in bed.
5. Give her a much needed day off – From everything cooking, cleaning, and errands.
6. Make your own Mother’s Day Card.
7. Order your mom’s favourite takeout (sometimes it’s easier to stay home especially with younger children) and do the dishes afterwards.
8. Make her a home cooked meal, learn to cook her favorite dishes (experiment a few days before the big day).
9. Take her shopping and for lunch.
10. Get her a gift certificate for a spa, pedicure or hair salon.
11. Make her a mug with a photo of the kids/grandkids.
12. A picture frame with a picture of you and your mom when you were a child and one of you both as adults.
13. Frame some favourite quotes about motherhood or make her a collection in a notebook.
14. Bake your mom her favourite cookies, cake or cupcakes.
15. Rent her favourite movie, grab her favourite snacks, and watch it with her.
16. Buy mom her favourite candy or expensive box of chocolates.
17. Make her a jar filled with candies wrapped with special little notes of love.
18. Buy your mom a Coffee Maker, the easy “Nespresso” kind.
19. Start up a herb garden for her.
20. Make her a CD of her favourite tunes.
21. Go out and get your hair done together. It shows dedication if you’re a guy.
22. Get her a yearly subscription to her favourite magazine – something she can look forward to every month.
23. Get a photo shoot done of all the kids (and grandkids)
24. Make her a collection of her favourite family recipes, or have the ones that have been passed down from generations bound together with photos and family stories from the past.
25. Buy your mom a charm bracelet and get her a new charm every year about a meaningful memory you two shared
26. A year of weekly cleaning services from a part-time maid.
27. Grab your mom something you know your mom loves but wouldn’t buy for herself like that perfume she loves.
28. Take a class together of something she always wanted to do like sewing, painting, cooking, etc.
29. Make a book of cute pictures she can store in her purse or put together an online photo album so she can brag to all her friends about her kids/grandkids.
30. Get all the special moms in your life – your mom, grandma, mother in law, aunts over for a special Mother’s Day brunch.
31. Make a customized scrapbook cover with blank pages she can add to like in the movie “Up”.
32. Make mini photo fridge magnets.
33. Make her a homemade tote bag
34. Make mom feel extra special with some homemade body scrub, bath bombs, soap or lipgloss
35. Buy your mom a special new outfit
36. Buy a locket with a picture of the whole family inside.
37. Make a box for your mom to keep her treasures in.
38. Pick out a card for your mom to express your feelings. Underline specific lines in the card to make the words personal to you.
39. A printable bookmark to go with her book by her favourite author, signed if possible.
40. A nice set of stationary, pen and return addresses stickers, to make it easier for when she sends cards and notes for every holiday, birthday and events.
41. Make her a clay pot with kids fingerprints.
42. Make a beautiful family tree that mom will be proud to display.
43. Grab her a nice bottle of wine and a fancy cheese platter
44. For those last minute people at least send your mom an e-card.
45. Come up with a number of reasons why you love your mom, handwrite it on scraps of scrapbook paper and roll them up and put them in a jar.
46. Take the time to set up her laptop, DVR, or other electronic device.
47. Make her some customized wall art.
48. Paint something for her.
49. Take your mom out to the movies.
50. Make a custom picture frame.
51. Make a photo collage out of her favourite pictures.
52. why not make your mom a handmade vase or flower pot to go with that bunch of flowers
53. If the weather is nice, pack a fancy picnic lunch for mom.
54. Get yourself and your mom a ticket to the Millionaire Mind Intensive so she and you can learn about money and how to manage it wisely as she grows older.[/column]