Russell Brand has been gaining recognition as a spiritualist and motivator.
You probably know Russell Brand—yes, THAT Russell Brand—as a comedian, actor and maybe even as an addict. And while Russell certainly does have a past chequered with addiction issues, lately he’s been using his experiences to motivate others.
He’s recently launched a YouTube channel with nearly 2 million subscribers where he shares insights on spirituality, recovery, and personal development, and his podcast, Under the Skin, features interviews with some of the most interesting thinkers of the time.
Now that he’s signed on to join Gary Vaynerchuk and Grant Cardone on the stage of the National Achiever’s Congress in November, we decided to take a look back at some of his most inspiring and memorable quotes!
1. Strength does not have to be belligerent and loud.
2. All penguins are the same below the surface, which I think is as perfect an analogy as we’re likely to get for the futility of racism.
3. I am naïve and I have f***ed up but I tell you something else. I believe in change. I don’t mind getting my hands dirty because my hands are dirty already. I don’t mind giving my life to this because I’m only alive because of the compassion and love of others.
4. When it comes to your career, you must always try and allow the positive aspects of your character to dictate what happens to you. Be led by your talent, not by your self-loathing; those other things you just have to manage.
5. We have been told that freedom is the ability to pursue petty, trivial desires when true freedom is freedom from these petty, trivial desires.
6. Question all information when you receive it.
7. You have to forgive everyone for everything. You can’t cling on to any blame that you may be using to make sense of the story of your life.
8. We have to respect the planet so we can use the resources to nourish the people. Somehow this simple equation has been allowed to become extremely confusing.
9. It’s difficult to believe in yourself because the idea of self is an artificial construction. You are, in fact, part of the glorious oneness of the universe. Everything beautiful in the world is within you. No one really feels self-confident deep down because it’s an artificial idea. Really, people aren’t that worried about what you’re doing or what you’re saying, so you can drift around the world relatively anonymously: you must not feel persecuted and examined. Liberate yourself from that idea that people are watching you.
10. How we treat the vulnerable is how we define ourselves as a species.